An online safety and awareness program for young people
With young people defining themselves by their online reputation and considering their cyber relationships just as important as those that are face to face, it is all the more important to educate them about safely navigating the internet for themselves and others.
How it works
Stride’s Cyber savvy program recognises the importance young people place on their online identity and relationships, and seeks to give them practical skills for effectively navigating their extensive online use.
Cybersavvy explores the importance of maintaining a positive online reputation based on what you share of yourself and the ramifications this can have online and in their day-to-day lives. Furthermore, it examines the impact of online cruelty, how to be an up-stander and why seeking appropriate adult support in these situations is imperative.
Stride has carefully created Cyber savvy to ensure that the content delivered over this full-day workshop varies in its age appropriateness and relevance for students from Year 5 through to Year 10.
As young people will only continue to access the internet more readily, it’s crucial to safeguard them against cyberbullying and help them protect their own online reputations.
About the program
The Cyber Savvy program is a full-day program offered within schools. Stride’s skilled and experienced facilitators take student through interactive activities and discussions that make this program impacting and memorable, leaving students with strategies applicable for now and into the future.
To make an enquiry or booking for your school, please click the button below.
Links to Australian Curriculum
Personal and Social Capability Learning Continuum
- Express Emotions Appropriately – Levels 4, 5, 6
- Develop Self-discipline and Set Goals– Levels 4, 5, 6
- Understand Relationships – Levels 4, 5, 6
- Negotiate and resolve conflict – levels 4, 5, 6
- Make Decisions – Levels 4, 5, 6
- Communicate Effectively – Levels 4, 5, 6
Critical and Creative Thinking and Learning Continuum
- Pose Questions – Levels 5,6
- Imagine possibilities and connect ideas – levels 5,6
- Seek Solutions and Put Ideas Into practice – Level 5, 6
- Consider Alternatives – Levels 5, 6
- Seek solutions and put ideas into action – Level 5, 6
- Think about thinking (metacognition) – Levels 5,6
- Apply Logic and Reasoning – Level 5, 6