Self-care is essential for our wellbeing and mental stamina. However, amid our busy lives, it is often hard to find calm amongst the chaos. Therefore, Mindfulness can be a handy practice to master. Best of all, mindful relaxation can be achieved in as little as two (yes 2) minutes! Here are 10 ways to […]
Stride News & Events
We would like to share an initiative we are running for the next 10 months. Starting with the entrants from the recent Education show and enquirers into Strides office will go into the draw for a Complimentary Stride Workshop or 3 Professional Development Workshops of your choice Click on the video below to find out […]
DARE2B Youth Conference
Dare2B Youth Conference provides young people with an opportunity to explore their full potential including education and career pathway options but also links to the importance of how a healthy body and mind will contribute to their success.
The event aims to inspire and prevent young people from disengaging from education and/or having negative life experiences due to peer and social pressures that can impact their ability to succeed. The conference celebrates youth culture and the suite of support services which are available to young people.
The conference aims to reach young people aged 15 to 18 years who:
- Will benefit from the information presented on the day about careers, community engagement, health & wellbeing
- May be at risk or disengaged from education
- CALD/Koorie/Refugee background
For further details click on the Events Link DARE2B
Your feedback is important to us, please complete our survey and give us your opinion of DARE2B. Here is the link DARE2B Teacher Survey
Volunteer with Stride
Mock Interview Program for Students?
IPREP provides a framework for organising a mock interview program for students from year 9 to year 12. Stride (a program of Whitelion) co-ordinate volunteers to conduct 10-15 minute interviews with individual students at the school. How does it work?
- Stride works with the school to schedule the interviews and arranges volunteers to be present on the day
- Volunteers will conduct 15 minute interviews with up to 8 individual students
- Students come prepared as if they were attending a real interview
- We provide general interview questions and an evaluation form for the interviewers
- Each student will receive feedback on their resume, presentation and performance
Other Volunteering Opportunities
Guest Speakers: Stride runs other workshops including remote school programs, industry exploration and youth conferences which require volunteers to speak about their career path and journey as well as assist with the running of the event
To find out more on how to Volunteer please email us Contact Form
VET in Schools
Stride acts as conduit between the training provider and the school. This provides both parties with one contact point for the provision of the VET in Schools program. This allows for smooth communication for schools, teachers, training organisations and trainers with any issues that may arise with the VET Programs and the associated administrative obligations. Vocational Education and Training (VET) enables a secondary student to combine education with training to provide occupational or work-related knowledge and skills.
Features of VET Programs:-
- Focuses on students developing industry specific and workplace skills
- Generally completed during Years 11 & 12 however some schools allow students to start a VET program in Year 10
- Training is one day per-week either in a morning or afternoon or for some programs all day. VET training usually occurs on a Wednesday however this will vary with some programs
- Training is usually held at a TAFE or a smaller training venue. In some cases it may be held at a school or a workplace for some of the time
- Students can complete a VET program as part of their VCE or their VCAL senior school certificates
- Prepares students to the standard expected from employers and industry
- Student’s receive a Certificate acknowledging completion of a nationally recognised training course
- A VET program is like any other VCE subject or VCAL stream
For more information about VETiS Courses or Enrolment Process follow this link VETis Courses & Enrolment
Click here to add your own text