The Revved Up program works with students to help them identify personal triggers for anxiety or anger and more affectively manage reactions and responses through discussions and activities. Through the program, students are taught ways of relating positively with others and as a result, how to be aware and of theirs and other peoples’ feelings. The program is designed to encourage young people to:
- Explore a range of feelings and the negative consequences that can occur if situations are handled inappropriately.
- Develop communication and problem solving skills.
- Practice ways of relating positively to others, so that they can consider both their needs and those of other people.
- Feel Supported in initiating positive change.
- Take responsibility for their actions.